SAN Disaster Recovery Solution
How can your system crash and your employees continue to work?
Your day-to-day operations are critical to productivity and how you do business. Putting your business on hold because your system crashed is not a customer practice you would choose. Your customers may put up with a little inconvenience, but you know they don’t or shouldn’t have to put up with long delays while you scramble to band-aid a fix to get up and running again due to a power failure or worse, a storm that takes your location out.
Ensuring seamless continuity between your applications so you are always open for business is a must for your disaster recovery planning.
How does utilizing a SAN do all this?
- site-to-site replication
- consolidation of multiple locations
- expands with your growing information needs
- no additional fees leaving it very cost efficient
and SANs do even more
- Uses a WAN replication feature that will replicate any and all LUNs to a second SAN located in another facility
- SANs don’t even have to be exactly the same – all that is necessary is that the same or greater storage capacity is available on the secondary SAN
- Have SAS or SSD drives in your primary/production SAN and SATA drives in the secondary SAN to help reduce costs – even mix/match drive types in your production SAN if necessary
- SANs allow for faulty servers to be replaced quickly
You can also use this SAN as the back-end shared storage to your virtual environment, replicate the LUNs to your hot/cold facility and if a disaster occurs, you will be back in business in a matter of minutes.
Contact us to see how using SANs in your disaster recovery provide adaptability and continuity.
Proxurve Solution and long time Indianapolis base IT company Computer Experts kick off 2014 by joining forces…
Proxurve Solutions has teamed up with NI Solutions on a multi-million dollar infrastructure project…